When you are living in a small apartment or condominium, you want to make your home looks bigger. For practical reasons your intention is to use every area of the apartment for multiple purposes.
It’s seems to be a great idea, but sometime could be difficult to avoid clutter that can be create. However, with some tips you can reach your goal, your home to look bigger.
Furniture with storage & multitask furniture
1. When you are buying a new piece of furniture, look for something to increase storage capacity, without be disproportionate as volume. What do you think about an ottoman, coffee table or a little bench with a perfectly built-in for news papers and magazines?
2. If you don’t have a closet, armoires are a great choice, and you can find them in a huge variety of sizes and types. You can take also in consideration an “antique” trunk. A trunk will add style and charm to any décor. It is a great way to storage your cloths, blankets or books and in plus, you can use it as a coffee or side table.
3. Don’t forget the empty space under your bed. With few plastic containers or wicker baskets you can uncluttered your bedroom from the personal belongings.
4. For living room one of the best investments for your home theatre system is a media center with cabinets and drawers.
5. If your coffee table doesn’t have drawers, than consider some wicker baskets or other storage containers under table.
6. A built window seat with storage beneath it will add a characteristic charm to any room.
7. In conclusion every inch of any unused space should be utilized for storage.
Paint colors, Mirrors & Glass
1. Using different shades and tones of color can enhance the details of trims and walls, making the space to look more open, without borders.
2. Hanging mirrors will reflect the light, making the space brighter. A bright room will look bigger, anytime.
3. The same effect has glass-top tables and glass shelves. They will open the space and will reflect the light, obviously a better choice than opaque pieces.
Define the space
It is extremely important when you are living in apartments with an open floor plan, to try to figure your space for a daily routine. If your furniture it isn’t functional and not placed in the proper position, the room will look smaller than it is.
So, try to divide your open space, to create specific areas for eating, relaxation or entertaining. You can separate the different living areas with room dividers, large pots with plants or maybe bookcases. A nice sectional can be used to separate living area from dining area or a home-office area.
Odds and Ends
Look around you and you will find that, many from your old things can be reused to storage your stuff.
Toolboxes – store any stationary and other office supplies.
Flower pots – store kitchen utensils, making brushes
Old photo boxes – store painting supplies, scarves, gloves, etc.
You need only imagination and creativity and you can transform your cozy apartment in a well organized, uncluttered and comfortable living place.
Follow me at http://howtobuilahouseblog.com
If you'd like to know more about contemporary living and how to build a house please visit my blog: http://howtobuildahouseblog.com